Sometimes I send myself emails to remember amusing moments with los tres, but then of course never get around to recording them here for posterity. Just a few recent ones until I get around to actually uploading some pictures here:
- Owen drawing a caricature of himself: "Ounce for ounce, it's as good as the professionals. I'm going to bring this with me and show it to them if I ever get one done."
- Brendan dazzled by the facilities of a public restroom: "Mamma Mia this thing flushes easily! Wow this sink is curved!"
- Henry in the park making me sand cakes, after I requested a peanut butter cake: "Sorry, we're all sold out." He then decided we were actually at Whole Foods buying cake. Way to outsource production there, kid.
- Owen to Henry: "Henry, you really need to SYB - Smell Your Behind!"
- Brendan to Henry: "Henry, you know what you are? A TWBP - The World's Best Pooper!"
- Owen telling me about one of his basketball plays: "Mommy, that would definitely be an ESPN highlight" and then told me all about his "raw talent" and "pure athletic ability."
- During that same basketball game, Brendan kept telling Henry "put me under pressure, come on!" and then of course was mad when H in fact did so, possibly because Henry interpreted that request as an invitation to full-on tackle him.
- Owen discussing his restaurant dessert after the fact: "I have regrets about my choices."